What is your Price Match Policy?
If you, our valued customer, find a lower advertised price (in print or online) we want to know! Anytime our customers think there is a better deal somewhere else, we’d love the opportunity review our competitor’s offer. Please let your Sales Associate know and a manager will review any verifiable offer you’ve found, comparing it to our own. After review, a manager will make the decision to either match the price or counter with an offer that we feel is fair for both you and our business – all things considered.
Please think about other costs when shopping online or out of town! Other than price alone, consider the cost of finance offers, assembly & delivery charges, travel time, convenience of shopping local, keeping your money and tax dollars infused in your local economy, and quality of service while your items are under warranty.Back to Top
Do you have Financing Plans?
Yes! We offer a variety of special financing* plans. Apply in our store today, or click here to apply online today!
*Offer Subject to Credit Approval. Some Restrictions Apply. Ask for Details.Back to Top
Can I get some decorating help from you?
Absolutely! Turning your house into a dream home is easy and fun with Smith Home Furnishings FREE in-home design service. Schedule your appointment today with any of our Sales Associates!
Free service is for our local service area only. Call today to see how we can help you!Back to Top
Is delivery service available?
Yes. Smith Home Furnishings takes great pride in offering our customers the finest furniture delivery service anywhere! See your Sales Associate to help schedule delivery or contact the store to see when we will be in your area.Back to Top
What is your Return Policy?
If for some reason the merchandise you purchased is not suitable for your needs, please contact your Sales Associate within 14 days after the date of delivery or pick-up. You may return the merchandise, not including mattresses, for re-selection, credit or refund. It’s that easy!
See also: “What is Your Mattress Comfort Guarantee?”Back to Top
Do you offer a warranty?
Smith Home Furnishings warranties all purchases one year from date of delivery to you by our Service Department. For more peace of mind, you may also be interested in purchasing a Protection 1st Plan. This plan provides 5-year accident coverage for the item(s) you buy. Ask your Sales Associate for details.Back to Top
Why are today’s mattresses so thick?
Research has shown that proper comfort and support are critical to a good night sleep. New technology and generous amounts of upholstery are specifically designed to gently support your body while reducing tossing and turning. “Deep Pocketed” and “High Profile” sheets are available at Smith Home Furnishings.Back to Top
My new set is much higher than my old one. What Can I Do?
While this is expected, it certainly can be surprising. However, there are easy remedies to solve this. The first rule is… “Change the height, not the mattress!” While you sleep, you don’t care how high your mattress looks. The most important thing is a good night sleep. Ask your bedding expert about the following options. They would be happy to help.
- Low-Profile Box spring / Foundation – a matching box spring / foundation of equal quality but less height.
- Low-Profile Frame – a strong metal bed frame of equal quality but less the height.
My new mattress seems to be “sagging” where I sleep! Should I return it?
Relax, these slight “body impressions” are absolutely normal and expected. Your new mattress will conform to your body like a new pair of shoes conforms to your feet. In fact, you should be more concerned if your mattress does not show slight body impressions!
Thicker, plusher mattresses will show more pronounced body impressions than firmer mattresses. Body impressions should only concern you if they exceed 1 ½ inches. This is very rare, and your warranty protects you from this type of defect.Back to Top
Why is it taking so long to get used to my new mattress?
Most people go through an “adjustment period” with their new mattress. This is completely normal and to be expected.
It is likely that your old mattress lost its support capabilities and your body got used to conforming to a non-supportive posture while sleeping. Just like new shoes can cause discomfort at first, your body needs to adjust to the “corrective action” of the new support system.
This adjustment period may last a few days or up to a month depending on the individual. 99% of the time, your initial discomfort will subside and you will be sleeping wonderfully in no time at all.Back to Top
Is it true that I don’t have to flip or rotate my mattress?
Yes, this is true. While most mattress manufacturers do not require that you rotate your mattress, they do strongly encourage you to do so.
Rotating your mattress will help you get the most from your investment much like rotating tires on your car. It is generally suggested that you rotate your mattress four times a year, when the seasons change. Please refer to your warranty card for helpful mattress care instructions.Back to Top
Why does my new mattress have a strange smell?
Mattresses today use polyurethane foam as a primary cushioning material and because the mattress sets are heat-sealed in an air-tight plastic bag the odors will remain for a few weeks after delivery.Back to Top
What kind of support do I need for my new mattress?
Be sure that you have an appropriate frame and center support on queen and king size sets to ensure validation of your warranty.Back to Top
What could VOID my manufacturer’s warranty?
The following situations will VOID your manufacturer’s warranty. Simple caution and care will protect your investment.
- Never remove the “Law Label” attached to the product. The Law Label is required when servicing the warranty.
- Always protect your mattress and foundation from soiling and stains. The manufacturer will not service or replace any item deemed unsanitary. The law prohibits the handling of used bedding that is soiled or stained, thus creating a potential health hazard.
- Mattresses and foundations that have no “Law Label” or are deemed “unsanitary” (soiled or stained) are not serviceable under warranty and therefore not returnable regardless of any defect found. It is the consumer’s responsibility to protect their mattress and box spring / foundation from soils/stains and or abuse of any kind.
What is your Mattress Comfort Guarantee?
"365 Night Mattress Comfort Guarantee" Conditions and Requirements:
- Buy a "Support Report" recommended mattress valued at $799 or more, in addition to a qualifying foundation, mattress protector, sheet set, and pillow. If you don't buy the additional items, the guarantee doesn't apply and you cannot exchange the mattress.
- You must sleep on your new mattress set for at least 30 nights to give your body time to adjust to it, then contact us before the 365th night if you want to exchange it.
- Some mattress manufacturers provide shorter-term comfort trials, which take precedence over our comfort guarantee, but all require a 30-night in-home tryout.
- Upon reselection, a 20% re-stocking fee will be applied, based on the original price of the mattress being exchanged.
- If you meet the criteria above, you are allowed one exchange of the same size mattress. You must choose a mattress of equal or greater value, based on the original purchase price of the mattress you're exchanging. If the new mattress you choose costs less, no refunds will be made.
- Delivery fees on exchanges are non-refundable and you're responsible for additional delivery charges for the replacement mattress.
- The 365 Night Mattress Comfort Guarantee does not apply to special order mattresses.
- Damage, including stains & odors of any kind, void the guarantee. All exchanges are pending inspection by our team.
- Box springs, adjustable bases, pillows, mattress protectors, sheets, and other sleep accessories cannot be returned or exchanged.
- The 365 Night Mattress Comfort Guarantee does not apply to defects covered under the manufacturer warrenty.
Helpful Website Links
American Academy of Sleep Medicinewww.sleepeducation.com
This Sleep Education web site is designed to be a valuable tool for patients and members of the public who are seeking dependable information related to sleep, sleep disorders, treatments and services. Although the processes of sleep and its workings in the body are quite complex, the goal of this site is to present accurate, scientific information in a concise manner that is easy to understand.
Better Sleep Councilwww.bettersleep.org
This non-profit organization is devoted to educating the public about the importance of sleep to good health and quality of life and about the value of the sleep system and sleep environment in pursuit of a good night's sleep.
Guide to Healthy Sleep on MedicineNet.comwww.medicinenet.com
MedicineNet.com is an online, healthcare media publishing company. Nationally recognized, Doctor-Produced by a network of over 70 U.S. Board Certified Physicians, MedicineNet.com is a trusted source for online health and medical information.
National Sleep Foundationwww.sleepfoundation.org
NSF is dedicated to improving the quality of life for Americans who suffer from sleep problems and disorders. This means helping the public better understand the importance of sleep and the benefits of good sleep habits, and recognizing the signs of sleep problems so that they can be properly diagnosed and treated.
Sleep Disorders Guide from WebMdwww.webmd.com
WebMD blends award-winning expertise in medicine, journalism, health communication and content creation. Their esteemed colleagues at MedicineNet.com are frequent contributors to WebMD and comprise WebMd’s Medical Editorial Board. An Independent Medical Review Board continuously reviews the site for accuracy and timeliness.
For questions, comments, or more information - please get in touch with us.